Monday, December 31, 2007

Weekend of riding and flying

So this weekend I had a lot of fun! Saturday, I had to go into work for a while, as it was my duty week to be at the plant. Once that was over, the fun began. I hung around the house with Raine through the middle of the day, wanting to go riding but never could get away from the TV. TBS was playing a 24 marathon, and the back to back to back episodes wouldn't release me! I finally got away early afternoon to go finish my high-performance endorsement and checkout in the plane I'm flying now. We flew down to Eagle Lake and did a few touch and goes, then came back to West Houston for a few more, and Pat called it good. After that, I went up for a sight-seeing flight with a friend who is a partner in Pat's plane. Their plane is in the shop, but his brother was down from South Dakota for the holidays and he wanted to take him up to see the city and the coast. So we flew the I-10 corridor to the other side of town, then down along the coast for a little bit and then back up to West Houston. So I logged a couple hours time for the day. :) It was nice to fly the plane for a while without being worried about doing repeated touch and goes. Back at IWS I did my first night landing in a LOOONG time, but it was a pretty good one.

After church Sunday, Raine, Cotton and I drove up to Hunstville State Park for some riding. We met Dent, Kyle, and Lisa there. Raine had been sick all week and only lasted about 30 minutes before feeling bad enough to call it a day, so I took her back to the truck then took off around the trail backwards to find the others. I met them and finished the lap with them, and then we did another one. I was on my new 29er, and definitely enjoyed it. I'm liking that bike more and more everytime I ride it. It was much smoother through the roots than the rigid singlespeed was at the race!! Hopefully I'll get in another ride tomorrow on New Years Day, or maybe I'll do some more flying. Who knows, I've got the day off and I intend to make the most of it.

No comments: