Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Night Ride

Went for a night ride last night on the road bike, could only get about 20 miles in. As the temps dropped into the 40's, the extremities started getting cold, and then one of my lights died. That will cause you to start feeling a bit helpless as you start to doubt getting back and wondering how cold you'll be when you get there. I need to start looking into some better lights and better cold weather gear if I hope to keep up my training and night riding through the winter. I know it will pay off, so I have to stay dedicated to it.
Here's the route, nothing too special, but a pretty friendly night route overall. Most was either well lit streets or almost empty bike paths. I did run into a few other riders out and about on the bike paths, though.

No comments: