Monday, December 3, 2007

New Stumpjumper FSR 29er

Well, after hearing it was coming out, debating endlessly about whether to get it or the hardtail, placing the order, second guessing myself, waiting a couple months, and then second guessing myself again, my new bike finally arrived! The first ride was out at Rocky Hill Ranch, the site of the last TMBRA fall series race. I fell in love immediately. I was already turned-on to the 29" wheels from my MonoCog, but the rest of the bike was awesome, too. The suspension worked flawlessly, with the brain making it a very efficient jack of all trades bike. Going up, the rear end was firm and powerful, as well as soaking up the small bumps to keep traction going to the ground. At speed, the brain opens up and provides a super smooth ride through the roughest conditions. The handling was so natural, and only got better the faster I went. Basically, I love the bike and can't wait to get some more rides and races on it soon!!

1 comment:

craw said...

Is that the XL?

Now that you've had it for 9 months what are you thoughts?