Friday, January 20, 2012

No Riding

I started coming down with something last Saturday and haven't been able to shake it all week. I haven't ridden since Sunday. My plan of riding lots and getting all these base miles hasn't exactly shaped up like I'd hoped it would. I've gotten some good rides on the weekends, but only a couple of weekday rides. I'll do the best with whatever I can get though. I'll be on the bike lots this weekend, Raine has a wedding shower to go to in Ruston and I'll be cut loose to ride as much as I want. Planning on getting in a couple of 40-50 mile days on the trails at Lincoln Parish Park and elsewhere in north LA. There are some great trails up there. Most people would never think so, but they have a good amount of elevation, comparable to the hill country if you ask me. Most of the trails are all about fun, flowy singletrack. Hopefully I'll be able to ride well enough to have fun, sometimes riding when I'm sick helps me shake whatever it is off and start getting better. We'll see if that works or if I run myself further in the ground. The Miles of DisComfort marathon race is next weekend, this will be the last opportunity to get some long rides in before then. I'm just looking to use it as a fun ride and bit of a gut check for the Ouachita Challenge, so I'm not particularly worried about doing well or anything. It should be a fun weekend, we're going over Friday afternoon and going to camp out, some of my teammates are coming too so that's always a good time.

It was a little cool most of this week, so Ben got to play outside wearing his fun hat and mittens. He likes to make the mittens talk like puppets, it's super cute.

No comments: