Friday, April 10, 2009

Baby Register

We took a trip to Babies-R(should be backwards)-Us today to start our baby registry. And let me tell ya, I didn't have a clue what I was looking at. All that stuff, I have no clue about. Glad I have a wife(else I wouldn't be having a baby of course) who knows something about kids, and thankfully there was also a handy dandy checklist clipboard the nice old lady at the registry counter gave us. The only valuable input I was able to provide was on the car seats, which I promptly began over-analyzing and reverse engineering to see which one I thought was safest and how all the gizmos and gadgets worked. Same thing for the baby monitors, too, I guess.

My main function was to handle the scanner gun. That's right, I was packin' the heat. The old lady at the counter looked at me very seriously and handed it directly to me, as it was obviously assumed that the man should handle the equipment. It was a task I took to immediately, never missing a scan and always avoiding the dreaded double scan. You have to be quick, yet precise. And of course, it's all in the wrist. I whipped around and scanned so fast, those nipples behind me didn't stand a chance.


As an example of my scanning superiority, I bagged a "If you think I'm cute, you should see my dad" bib from two aisles over, with Raine never having a clue. That's how I roll.

I promise, I am going to blog my OC race before the weekend is over. Of course, I may be 25 by then...

1 comment:

aka Kathy said...

Which means you will be too old to blog!