Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another successful crit

Last night was week 10 or so of the MP crits. I managed to stay in the pack and not crash, which is always a good thing. I did get to see one crash, it was rather spectacular. Bikes and bodies flying and tires exploding made for quite a show. Unfortunately, as you can assume from the fact that I saw it, I was behind the crash and this caused a gap to open between the main field and myself. I was forced to blow it out chasing back onto the group which really put me in a spot of bother. I spent most of the rest of the race hanging on to the back of the pack. I wanted to try to go for a top ten sprint finish but I had nothing left at the end to sprint with. I was hurting most of the race, I didn't ride too smart. I was out in the wind a lot but I guess that just gave me a better workout. I've got three more chances to make a mark, hopefully I'll get my name on the scoreboard before the end of the summer.

No comments: