Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Owch

This is a picture of me last week at the crit coming across the line chasing the solo break with one to go.

I was already at 199bpm doing 31mph or so and had been drilling it for nearly a minute. That was definitely a painful effort that unfortunately didn't pay-off but it was pretty cool anyway.

This weekend I got a lot of good riding in. Me and Nathan did a workout Saturday morning at Double Lake. I rode decent but had a rough day, with a good crash and a snapped derailleur hanger(two seperate occurances). Then Sunday I did 50 miles solo before church, averaging over 20mph for the ride, completing just over 50 miles in 2:28:02. Probably not too impressive for fast cyclists but it was a great ride for me. The craziest part was that I had gone to bed at 1AM the night before and I was on the bike at 7:15 that morning. Josh Greer(college friend) was in town and staying the night with us, and Adam and Clare were over, too. We had fun, I cooked steaks that were slightly overdone but still pretty good.

Monday night Josh came back over and brought his wife Renee and their little girl Aubrey!! She's so cute and sweet and good, I was playing with her all night. :)
It was great to see Josh and Renee, we've missed them since college.

Tonight will be a warmup for the crits tomorrow, hopefully the rain won't wash away my hopes of racing.

No comments: