Monday, April 21, 2008

Ridiculously Awesome™ Day

I had one of the best days ever yesterday. It was preceeded the night before with a slab of Texas Roadhouse ribs when my brother James came over from Baytown for my week late birthday dinner. So that wasn't really in the Ridiculously Awesome™ Day but it should be noted.
So my day started off with fresh homemade waffles. I love waffles. My birthday was last weekend, and Raine got me a waffle maker. I love my waffle maker. I got out of bed and made waffles for breakfast for Raine and I before going to church.
We headed off for "early"(9:30, not really so early) service at church which was good, we haven't been to church in three weeks because of bike races. Then we headed back home and got dressed for a bike ride.
We rolled out on the road bikes and met Clare and Adam for a ride at George Bush Park. We got in 30 miles or so for the day before arriving back home. I pulled the girls along for a couple of intervals, I was sitting straight up to get the most for my money and give them a good draft to sit in. They held on up to 28mph or so on one, they really liked that. And I was really proud of Raine.
After I got home, I ate some leftover steak I had grilled Friday night. It was still good.
I then headed out to the airport on my bike. I had planned on going flying, but I had forgotten to call ahead to get the plane pulled out early enough. The Commemorative Air Force was having their plane show and fly-in that day, which happened right in front of our hangar. They couldn't get the plane out in time, so I just hung around and took pictures of the cool WWII aircraft and watched a few fly. I took some pictures and videos, they're posted here. I didn't know Picasa supported videos, that's cool.
So next up was my small group meeting. I love my small group. I have Ridiculously Awesome™ people like Patrick and JT in my small group. We had a great time and some great discussion, and we also all agreed to read through the bible in 90 days. What a challenge this will be, and I expect it to be life changing as well.
After small group and to finish off my Ridiculously Awesome™ Day, I went up for a late evening flight. I cruised around the West part of town with the power pulled back and at about 1000'AGL(above ground level) seeing what I could see and watching the sunset fade. I flew a loop around George Bush Park, then I went and flew a few circles around JT and Abby's house and then the Flick's. I flew out to Brookshire and watched the sun paint the clouds their last shades of pink and purple, I wish Patrick had been with me, I know he could have gotten some awesome pictures. Then it was back home for a night landing to end the day.

What a Ridiculously Awesome™ Day.

Ridiculously Awesome™ is copyrighted, any use without the express written consent of the originator and copyright holder is strictly forbidden, punishable by penalty of law and a good noogie.

No comments: